This prolonged, but temporary shutdown of the Orpheum is not the first time our historic venue has experienced trying times. Since its opening in 1922, its walls have stood through many tumultuous periods in our shared history. From economic depressions and world wars, to presidential assassinations and terrorist attacks, cultural landmarks like our Orpheum Theatre have shown that no matter how hard the wind blows, we will weather the storm.
Many have passed through our doors in downtown Wichita over the past 98 years, and will do so again when we re-open. And that time will come. We will get through this crisis and will be stronger for it. This video message from our partner, League of Historic American Theatres, says it all.
Because revenue from live concerts, movies, and other events are so important to the Orpheum, the continuing closure due to the COVID-19 health crisis has been devastating financially to this historic Wichita treasure. Help us be ready to reopen (when it’s safe) by supporting the Orpheum Recovery Fund.
Gifts to the Orpheum Recovery Fund are used to pay regular theatre expenses such as electric, water, phone, and insurance, expenses that cannot be deferred during shutdown.
You can also support the Orpheum Recovery Fund by purchasing Orpheum merch from our Bonfire store. Embrace sweater weather with an Orpheum sweatshirt or hoodie, or grab a t-shirt and proudly wear our colorful marquee!
Thank you for your patience and support during this time of uncertainty.
The Orpheum staff is working diligently with show promoters, clients, and film distributors to reschedule affected events. As event updates come in, ticket holders for all of the affected shows should receive an email with show-specific details, but in general:
- Patrons should hold onto their tickets which will be valid for new show dates.
- In most cases, if you are unable to attend a rescheduled date, refunds are available for limited periods of time (check individual event pages for specific refund deadlines). To initiate the refund process, patrons will need to contact Select-A-Seat through the Contact Form on their website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 72 hours for a response.
- For any show that is cancelled outright, refunds for credit card purchases will be automatic; those who purchased at the Box Office with cash will need to contact Select-A-Seat through the methods outlined above.
- MasterChef Junior Live! – New Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- Bert Kreischer – New Date: Sunday, August 29, 2021
- Beatles vs Stones: A Musical Showdown – New Date: Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Theresa Caputo – New Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
- Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story – New Date: Sunday, September 26, 2021