We are excited to partner with City Blue Print on the Orpheum 1st Street Mural Project.
The cut-out/former billboard space on the south side of the theatre has been blank for too many years. As we gear up to celebrate our 100th Anniversary in September, we want to fill the space* with a mural, printed on polymetal and installed by our friends at City Blue Print.
Project theme: We are looking for artwork that celebrates performing arts, film, diversity, and culture, keeping in mind the Orpheum centennial and its place in the community. We encourage bold colors and designs that will create a unique and vibrant backdrop for visitors and community members both in person and through photography.
Finalists will be determined by a selection committee and put to public online vote, promoted through social media and the Orpheum website. Along with recognition and art displayed at the vibrant intersection of 1st and Broadway, the winning artist will receive a prize of $1,000 and an opportunity to display additional pieces at a First Friday event on September 2, 2022.
Design and submission specs:
- Must be in CMYK color
- Must be submitted digitally at the 116” x 60” size or as a vector form that can scale to 116” x 60”
- Must be at minimum 300 DPI resolution
- Must be submitted and received as an EPS, PDF, High Res JPEG, or Tiff file
- File must be submitted with the following naming convention: LastnameFirstname-TitleofSubmission
- Submissions due by 5 p.m. on Friday, August 5, 2022
*The wood understructure will be restored before the mural is installed, so this space will be ready for new artwork.
Now make your mark at the Orpheum Theatre!
Thank you for your interested in the Orpheum 1st Street Mural Project. Submissions are now closed. Finalists will be notified no later than August 12, 2022.